Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.

One of my Favorite Memories

There were WAY too many memories to pick but I decided on this one. Paul and I decided when we got married that we would do a smaller, simple, honeymoon at his aunt and uncle's beautiful cabin in Montana and then spend a little more money a few months later to do something bigger. Six months later in late August 2005 we were able to go to Oahu Hawaii for our unofficial honeymoon and both of our birthdays.

We had a great time while we were there. Paul had lived in Hawaii for a few months after he graduated high school and he fell in love with so many different parts of Hawaii. When we went back together he was very excited to show me a lot of the things he had gotten to do before. This specific adventure was not something he had done before but it was a chance for us to do something fun together. The ride that we went on took us up into the hills of Oahu where they filmed parts of Jurassic Park, Mighty Joe Young, and LOST. It was really fun to get up there and see these landmarks up close. After getting sucked into LOST later in the series we went back and looked at a lot of our Hawaii pictures and found that we visited a lot of the locations where they did a good amount of filming of the show. When we were in Hawaii we also spent some time at Waikiki where the LOST trailers were kept while the cast was on set/taping. That was cool, we just hadn't started watching the show yet.

This trip was a lot of fun for me because it's been one of the only trips I've taken where I've been in control of what we've done. I've been lucky to be able to travel with family and while I've always been able to add my two cents on what we should do, my ideas have always been put up to a vote against the majority. It's always been fun, regardless of what trip we were on but this was our trip and because we worked so hard to go it was a lot more fun and more memorable because we choose everything we wanted to do.

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

How fun to go to Hawaii and have a bigger honeymoon. Mike and I still need one than the one we had of just driving from IL to ID.