So I had to take a break from the challenge because I got the flu and we were traveling. We had to go to SLC for Colby's surgery follow up appointment and we didn't take our computer. We had to cut the trip short due to the flu and so we decided to not worry about the extra space. Colby's appointment went really well though. We we ere approved to move him into his own room and he is now sleeping in our office. It's been a hard transition for me, just like it was with Riann, but I think we're all sleeping a little better now. I still have the monitor on so I can her him while I fall asleep and so I can respond faster if he wakes up in the night, which he still does on occasion, but he has been doing much better at going down the first time and staying down for a few hours, instead of it taking 3 or 4 tries to get him down and hoping that he doesn't wake up when we crawl in bed. That has taken a TON of stress off of me. If we could only get him to sleep a full 10-12 hours I would be one happy Momma.
We also learned at our appointment that he's healing really well and that everything is working out like it should. We have to go back to Primary's for one more sleep study and if he passes that (assuming he'll actually complete it without screaming his head off) we'll be able to take him off oxygen while he sleeps. I'm excited for that and hope that we are able to start moving forward like normal but a little scared of not having the back up just in case. I know everything will workout just like it's meant to though and regardless we'll all be okay.
Now onto the 60 Day Challenge. I've decided that this is going to be more 60 things about me than a daily challenge. During the time I had my break I decided that I was pushing myself too hard to get on the computer once a day to post something and I needed to take a step back from Facebook and stuff like that because I was checking it too often. My goal now is to not check it more than once a day and only on the day's that I'm working. Because I'm working on managing that, I'll be away from all computers more often so I'll keep posting my updates but probably not on a daily basis. If I have time I'll try to do a post but if family/home needs me then that comes first. It's not like anyone is counting on me to post every day but I want to say something about it so I can commit to my new priorities and be accountable to everyone as well as myself. When it's in writing it's "more official".
Anywho, I'll be adding more posts today from our Easter Egg hunt and a few more pictures from the park. It's been a beautiful day and we've had a great time enjoying it!!
1 comment:
So glad he's doing well and that you guys are getting some more sleep. Great goal and a good way to not be too hard on your self.
Post a Comment