What a beautiful Easter weekend!!! And as far as we know Sunday should be even better than today!!!
The last week or two have been a little hard on us, especially Riann, because it's been fairly nice outside, with a little wind, but it's been C-O-L-D. Too cold to take the kiddos out even dressed in warm clothes, well, with what warm clothes we have left in the house... :-/
Each morning this last week Riann has woken up and come into the living room and checked the trees. When she sees that they aren't moving or barely moving she immediately comes to Paul or I and says, "It's not windy, can we go outside to play today?!" It has been so hard to tell her no. She has been a great sport about it though. She's had mild cabin fever but she's really been great with understanding why we can't get out. I'm excited for the change in weather that will hopefully be coming soon though. Colby seems to like being out side just as much as the rest of us, which is wonderful because Riann HATED being outside her first 6 months. I'm glad he's pretty relaxed about that.
Last night when we checked the weather report for this weekend we were excited to see that we were going to possibly get temps up in the 50's today and we just couldn't stay inside. We had originally planned to just participate in the Easter egg hunt down the street but as we were coordinating times with a few of our friends and found that one family was already at the park and another one of our friends were on the way to meet them. Once we learned that we dropped everything we were doing and rushed out the door. It was a fantastic day!! It was so much fun to have Paul with us at the park this time. Riann loved playing with him and just having him around all day long and I have to admit I was a little excited to spend the extra time outside of the house with him too.
After our fun park adventure we rushed to do a few errands and then booked it over to the Egg Hunt. We cut it close but we were lucky that we weren't the only other ones arriving right on the dot. When we got there we were directed to the young children's section, for kids age 0-3. We waited for about 5 minutes, got the rules on the event, and the kids were set lose. Riann did a lot better this year but she didn't go as crazy and I was kind of hoping she would. As I was watching her collect eggs I slowly realized that she was only collecting pink eggs. I don't know when she started liking pink but today seemed to be a big day for pink. After a little coaxing she decided to pick up a few other colors and some of the other treats that were sitting down on the grass. I was hoping to post a video so you could see it all but I wont load :-(. Maybe I'll get it up on YouTube and get a link to it later. The most important thing was that Riann really seemed to have a lot of fun. I think she was tired and not feeling too well but over all I think she had good day too.
We had a great day today and I'm so grateful for this season. As a family we need to spend more time studying the life of the Savior and learning the true lessons of Easter. I am so grateful for the Lord's sacrifice and what it means for my life. I know that he rose from the tomb on the 3rd day and at that time he granted me the chance to truly be forgiven.
I'm grateful for the Savior who died so that I could live again. I hope that we can all take a little time to reflect in this blessing and what it means for our lives.
Happy Easter Everyone!!




2 comments:
I have the "Mormon Channel" app on my phone and I use it every night and morning to listen to either the conference talks, ensign, scriptures or just the LDS radio. It makes it nice because I can listen when I don't feel like reading with the light on. It is a must have app.
They had pretty good messages on this morning being Easter.
I've seen them at target, there are a bunch of different kinds. You can see some of them at this link, I think she had the "Ella's kitchen" ones with her at the shower, but I don't know for sure...Hope that helps!
http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_se_pagelist_btm_1?ie=UTF8&node=2240252011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank
Post a Comment