Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

My Mom

I wouldn't say that my mom and I have been close FOREVER but over the last 8-10 years I've felt like we've found a relationship that was hidden behind the expected child/parent drama. I know I was tough on my mom growing up and there were times that I'm pretty sure she didn't like me but she always loved me. I guess that can be expected from most relationships like ours but I'm really grateful she stuck it out with me.

My mom has really helped me develop as a mother and she has taught me to care for other people in a whole new way. I'm also incredibly grateful for the love she has for my children. As I've seen with some of my friends grandparents they can be present in their grandchild's life but not really "be there". That is not my mom. She works as hard as she can to be involved although they are 800 miles away. She is a great support to me and teaches me new things every day.

Although she probably doesn't know it my mom has helped me through a lot. I know that she thinks there were a lot of times that she wasn't getting through to me when I was a pain to be around but she did. My mother has always been a good example of right and wrong and through the experiences she has had in her own life I have learned how to better mine.

I'm grateful for her friendship and for the love that she so selflessly offers me. I'm excited to make my way back home so that we can be closer and spend more time together, instead of over the phone.

I love you mom!!!

No comments: