Tuesday, August 14, 2012

To the Zoo

We made it to the zoo!!!! I was afraid of going this year because I knew it would be hard with a newer baby and with Colby being so close in age, especially because Colby is a runner but we had some friends that wanted to head out there for a play group and we REALLY needed to get out of the house so we took a leap and went. We had a great time and even with our little ones running all over the place it was great to spend time outside with other people. I also had a great group of mom's who completely understood what I was going through and helped in every way they could. It was wonderful to spend time with them.

If I've done a zoo post before I'm sure I have a lot of the same pictures as last time but we really do have a vibrant zoo considering how small it is. It's just about the perfect size for tiny legs. I can't wait to take my kids to a bigger zoo someday but for now we are happy with what we have here in Idaho falls.

I love the penguin enclosure even though it smells TERRIBLE. Hopefully one day I'll be more on the ball and we'll actually make it in time to watch them feed them. We've tried a few times but have always JUST missed it. This was the first time we've ever really seen them in the outdoor area of their home. It was a lot of fun.

Getting instructions and checking everything out. It was a little hectic start because we were meeting up with a few different people and we needed to keep the kids contained while we hung out but they had a fun time checking out as much as they could. I'm glad the kids enjoy playing with so many different people.

Roslyn had a great time being outside and involved with the group. It was fun to watch her as this was one of her first real outings, especially one where she spent almost the whole day in the stroller.

I don't know why but I love to come and check out these guys. They don't ever do anything but they are do interesting to look at, especially because they're so big! It was fun to see them this day because they seemed to want to come closer to us but they can't get past those posts and the guy in the back pinned the guy in the front and they kept on bumping and kicking each other like it was going to get them somewhere. It was just one of those things that made me laugh inside. Probably because it reminded me of my kids.

Just some of the wild life. I don't think I've ever gotten much of a chance to hang out at the flamingo enclosure but Colby and Riann liked checking them out because we had just watched an episode on flamingos on Cat in the Hat and they thought it was pretty cool to check them out up close.

This is usually the best part of the tiger and lion enclosures because we usually get out there in the middle of the summer, in the middle of the day, and the big cats aren't ever really active - if they're even out. The kids love these "statues" though and it's always fun to get a picture of them playing with them.

Just hanging out in the play area. The kids loved throwing the bark around. I wish that wasn't the most excited part of this area for them. They love getting dirty though.

A quick family picture before we left.

It was a really fun day and I'm so glad that we didn't miss out on this opportunity to see and play with friends even though it was a little harder to be out with a new one. We're excited to get back out there next summer and maybe get another family picture in this exa

No comments: