Monday, August 27, 2012

Cookies with the Kids

The other day the kids and I decided we would make a treat and since I can't eat chocolate right now, because I'm breastfeeding Roslyn, we decided we would make some kind of white chocolate cookie. I've been working over in my mind some kind of cookie with Craisin's for a while now and since we were looking for a snack I decided we would try combining the two. We decided to do oatmeal Craisin and white chocolate chip cookies and they were wonderful!! I didn't have any battery left on my camera so I had to take pictures on my phone, sorry they aren't that great but I'm glad I documented the afternoon because we had a lot of fun.

All of our ingredients, minus the salt. I forgot about it until it was time to actually add it to the cookie.

My little helpers.
Colby didn't realize what we were doing until after we got started and he wasn't too happy to be put in his chair before he figured it out.

Adding the good stuff!!

After mixing I gave each of the kids a beater. Colby wasn't sure what to do with all of his cookie dough.

Riann knew right away what to do with hers and she enjoyed it... a lot!!

YUM!!! I love cookie dough!!!

Getting ready for the oven.

And they're done!! We had a fun time playing with the recipe and I can't wait to try something new later, but for obvious health reasons we're gonna have to hold off on that.

The kids and I had a great afternoon and I'm glad they're getting better at baking with me. I think we'll have lots of fun doing more treats and different kinds of treats now that they can help me more. After we ate dinner and enjoyed a few cookies for ourselves and then ran out and delivered the rest of our cookies to our neighbors. We considered it an impromptu FHE and it ended up being a GREAT night. I love it when we get to play together!!

No comments: