Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fun "Family" Pictures

One of our first adventures out together after having Roslyn was to a health and beauty boutique here in Rexburg that a few of my friends were hosting. Our Saturday morning was open before I had to work and Paul had been working all morning so we decided to try braving town with the three of us and do something different. On our way to the boutique we drove through a neighborhood that was having a huge garage sale. I didn't plan on stopping and picking anything up but I wanted to see what was out there. I just happened to pass by one of the homes that had a table with a bunch of random items on it and I saw this huge pink sun hat that I thought Riann would love to play with at home and at the park. I had also been keeping my eye out for costume items because I've been trying to build a dress up box for the kids and thought it it would be fun to have it for that. I backed up and asked her if she wanted me to go see how much it was. She was very excited and said she wanted it. I figured spending a dollar or two on something like that would be fun and probably worth it for the right price so I got out of the car to check it out. Fortunately for us they were actually wrapping up their sale and the table we were looking at was full of things they just wanted to get rid of and everything they had set was free!! I picked up the hat and looked over the rest of the table thinking I should see if they had something for Colby too. Right under the hat I was getting for Riann was a simple cute "Newsies" style hat and thought that it would be cute on Colby so I grabbed that too. After checking out the rest of the sales on the block we headed over to the boutique to see what was going on.

When we got there things were a little crazy because I had borrowed my neighbors double jogger and while I was so glad I had it to pin the kids down the room the boutique was in was a little cramped and we took up a LOT of space. Everyone was so nice though and helped us get through the tight spaces and they all had a fun time cuddling Roslyn, as she wasn't the happiest baby about being out and around town during her nap time.

As we looked around, I had forgotten that one of the vendors at the boutique was a local photographer who was doing a photo booth. When we finally got to her booth we thought it would be fun to get a few pictures. She had a couple of props in her booth and of course Riann got into them before we even introduced ourselves. As soon as Riann spotted the boa's they were around hers and Colby's necks and she was ready to go. After talking with the photographer and getting her the information she needed to send us the pictures, and sign up for her give-away, we got our pictures taken. They turned out GREAT!!! I didn't think we'd get pictures this good but she did a fantastic job. I just wish I would have thought to have her take a picture of Roslyn separate. Oh well, they're doing another boutique in a few weeks and I'll make sure to get it done then. Haha.

Here are the photos we had taken. Don't I have the cutest kids ever?!


Riann, age 4.

Colby, age 19 months.

All of use together. Roslyn, age 1 month.
It ended up being a pretty fun day, all stress considered. I wish we would have had more time to check everything out and even to have made a few more stops that day but we did have a good time. The kids loved being out and it was nice to change up our schedule for a day. I'm excited to take them out and do it again soon.

**All photos were done by Aly Willis

No comments: