Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy HAPPY Halloween!!!!

Yea!!! So we've just gotten done with my second favorite holiday and I think it's only going to be getting better from here. We didn't do as much and I would have liked to this year but we did enough that I think everyone still had a blast!!! We don't have a safe area for little kids to truck around in because there isn't much lighting at night out where we live so we don't ever get Trick-or-Treaters. For that reason each year the wards that meet in our building get together early and to a Trunk-er-Treat. I didn't realize how big it was. I got off work a little late and on my home I have to pass the church and couldn't believe how many people were there. It was insane!!! I think more people go to this then to church!!! Well I get home and we get packed into the car with some of our friends and try to shoot up to the church to catch the tail end of the festivities. We got there a little late but the kids seemed to have fun with the little we got.

We went with some friends of our who we used to live by when we were living up on campus. They have a little 2 year old named Frankie. He was a monkey and wasn't too excited about being in public in his costume. It was cute. He was so frustrated that he had to wear it he wouldn't let me take any pictures in the beginning. Then he started to realize that he was getting candy for being dressed up and warmed up to the idea. He was pretty cute!!!

Riann seemed to enjoy the day too. She had a bucket of her own that she liked a lot. We got started at the church and with a little help I got the bucket into her hand. From that point on I think she carried it the whole night except for at the VERY end when she started to get a little tired. She even only dropped it once and that was before there was really any candy in in.

Here we are at the church and she's got her bucket tight in hand.

She liked it tons!!! Like everything these days else she couldn't keep it out of her mouth!!!

After we did the church stuff we wanted to do a little more with Frankie now that he had warmed up to his costume. We didn't know where to go out here because this was our first Halloween really participating in the festivities so we drove around the neighborhoods in Rexburg looking for groups of kids that we could follow along. We finally noticed a neighborhood up by the Temple that had a few good groups so we jumped out and got to work. Making the rounds we put Riann back in her carrier and started knocking on doors.

This was a few doors into the night. She still had her basket tight!!!

She was so cute!!! On a few doors when they would hand out the candy for me to pick, I would let Riann grab something from the bowel. She would hit the pile of candy a few times and eventually get her fingers wrapped around a piece and pull it up to her mouth. When she finally "caught" her candy I would stick it in her bucket for her. I wish I could have gotten pictures of this but it was hard to fit a lot of us up on the front steps so we couldn't get any good ones. I loved watching her participate though. I know she cant do much but it's great to let her try when she can. She amazes me every day how much she's doing and how better she's getting at daily tasks.

A little ways into the night my back started to hurt so Paul took over carrying her. I'm really glad that he was with us. He seemed to have lots of fun with it too. I love watching the 2 of them together. They are adorable!!!

We got to a point where Frank, Christi, and Frankie went one way and I walked the other and Paul and Riann watch us both go off in different direction. I like this picture because they are both so focused on one of the 2 groups.

This picture was from a little later in the night. Frankie finally let me take a few pictures of him. He was pretty happy that all of these people were giving out candy and calling him cute. He really started getting into it. It was cute to watch. I can't wait until Riann really gets what's going on. Next year is going to be a blast!!!

After we got done we came back to our place and played for a little bit. We didn't get a chance to get pictures of Riann before we left so we tried to get a few once we were home. I wish I had had time to do more with her costume but I didn't work out. I think she still looks cute. Here she is... you wouldn't have been able to tell all night because she had her coat on and was bundled up for the whole night but she was wearing her costume ALL day!!!

Here are a few pictures of her playing in it...

I have vampire teeth from another costume that I picked up and she has been loving having them around the house. She'll crawl around with them in her had and she chews on them all day. I think she'll use them as soon as her mouth is big enough!!!

It took a bit but I finally got her to hold still and look at the camera. I just wish she wasn't on her tummy so you could see her shirt.

Her "bones" glow in the dark and we tried to get a good picture of that but she wanted to hold the flashlight we were using to make them glow better and so every time we tried to take a picture it ended up blurry. I figured you would get the effect from these. She was cute!!! Very frustrated that we were pinning her down in the dark but cute all the same.

So all-in-all we had a pretty good night. We got just enough candy. Not anything more than we need... not like how things where when I was growing up. I'm really glad we participated in things this year. It was fun having Frank and Christi here too. They recently moved to Pocatello, ID (about an hour and fifteen minutes away) and so they surprised us by coming into town. We were so glad they did. We really had fun. I can't wait until next year when Riann is older and she'll be more excited to be out and about and hopefully she'll want to dress up!!! We wish she would have gotten to go out with Grandma's and Grandpa's but because they're sooo far away, we're glad she got to go out for a little bit last night!!!

Happy Halloween!!! We hope everyone had a great time!!!!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the pictures and it would be fun to be there and trick or treat sometime too. Maybe we should trick or treat here in Dec when you are home! Might not get much candy but we could score on some home baked goodies!! :)

Lindsey M said...

Those blue eyes are so pretty. She gets prettier and prettier every time I see her. It seems like yesterday I was coming to your page every 2 seconds to see what she looked like or to see if she was born yet. Now she's trick-or-treating. I hope you and Paul got lots of good candy. I know me and Adam did.

Randomanda said...

yea! fun fun fun. she is so cute cheris. sounds like you are having so much fun.
sidenote-- nice coat. (ha ha)

The Harkers said...

How cute! Kids are so much to dress up for halloween!! Looks like you had a great time. Oh and check out the dollar store for decorations...they are awesome! I got everything there for....a dollar! ;)

Ashley said...

these are very cute pictures!!

I just have a really quick question.. I was wondering if you know if since i set my blog to private if the people that i put on my list to read it have to have a google account, with a password that they would have to use or what did you find was the easiest way for you?