Monday, May 19, 2008

Forget 8 hours... We're pushin 12 RIGHT NOW!!!

So after my last post we had a few REALLY bad nights again where she was waking up about 3 or 4 times a night but it started to slow down again and we kind of got back on track. It was mostly my fault because I've been testing the waters with things like chocolate and forgetting the ramifications of things like soda and she's had a pretty upset stomach this week. I've decided there's not more testing and forgetting and I have to just give them up completely!!! It's been a pretty depressing weekend... Well, the last few nights have been pretty good this weekend and we've finally found a particularly good napping schedule that all 3 of us can agree on and with this new schedule yesterday everything seemed to work out pretty well because it's almost 10:30 and she hasn't waken up yet. I'm actually gonna have to go in and get her up myself as soon as I'm done here.

I'm loving this extra sleep but I need to start getting used to her staying down for this long. I woke myself up about 6 this morning because she normally eats about then and I usually get up go to the bathroom at the same time but she wasn't making a noise today. I didn't want to go in her room because that typically wakes her up so I listened to her with the monitor up to my ear and she grunted a bit so I went back to bed. Unfortunately I was so concerned that she hadn't woken up yet and I think I woke myself up abut every hour to make sure I was coherent enough to hear her if something was going wrong. Finally at 9:45 I decided it was time for all us us to get up and I ran in to check on her an low and behold... she was still zonked out. I can't believe it!!!! We'll see how the next few nights go... I hope this wasn't a fluke but I'm not saying it wasn't a great night!!!! And I'm grateful for it!!!

8 comments:

Casey said...

That first night they sleep so long is usually wasted cause your worrying about them! I hope she keeps doing that for you. Jeff is at about 9-10 hours. I'm excited for a full 12!

Rebecca said...

I think Nicholas has slept for a full 12 hours maybe 3 times his whole life! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you that this wasn't a fluke! (And I'll think happy thoughts for myself that Nicholas will sleep much better before our little girl is born!)

Brian and Christina said...

I remember the first time logan slept for 12 hours, i was excited and nervous all at once. Now I get upset if he doesn't sleep for 12 hours. I am so spoiled.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we are going private so send me your email address so I can send you an invite.
brentsmith49@hotmail.com :)

Lacey said...

G. usually goes down at like 8:30 and isn't up until about 7:30 which is nice. Granted, she's a bit older, however the first night she slept so long, I'd been so tired that I didn't even wake up to see if she was ok until she was awake at like 6am. It is nice to get those first few nights of complete sleep, isn't it? I loved having you over yesterday! It was so good to see you... Andy sure is ready for this next one, could you tell?

Lacey said...

Hey! I know you've been crazy busy with your house and all, but I was wondering if you'd like to have some pampering. I'm trying to get my MK going and would love to pamper you and a couple friends even and just give you some time to relax. Let me know what you think... I'd love to get together again!

Paul said...

Heavenly Father must've known you were a sleepaholic ;) We got a good one!

Lacey said...

How the heck was your trip to Utah??? Is Amber huge??? LOL