Monday, May 5, 2008

No water...

For the last few months we've been having problems with our toilet running and because it's an older toilet we haven't been able to easily fix it. To keep our septic tank from backing up or flooding with water we started turning off the water at night and during most of the day. Over the last day or two we noticed that the shut off valve has been leaking on the floor and it's been getting harder to turn. Last night Paul decided to turn off the water to the house so we could get a better look at what was wrong and to make sure it was really off because we had been having trouble with the valve on the toilet. Well this morning we wake up and try to turn the water back on and we can't. We can't get water pressure to any of the faucets in the house. The emergency valve will turn but nothing happens. We are having someone come look at it tomorrow but I'm a little frustrated because I was super excited to take a shower this morning because I hadn't washed my hair in 2 or 3 days and it really needs to be taken care of but I can't.... and I don't know if I'll be able to do it tomorrow either. Don't worry I did take a bath yesterday morning before church so I have cleaned up recently. I just feel gross because my hair is REALLY bad. I'm thinking about trying to boil some water so I can at least wash my hair but I don't want to wait an hour to get enough water to fill a pot and I don't want to use the water in the fridge because that's out back up drinking water for right now. I don't know what to do because I really need to get out of the house and get some things done but I'm in no position to leave. I might have to go up on campus and use the showers in the locker room up there... I'm really not happy about this situation. It's pretty pathetic.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

hey! Your idea sounds awesome! Let me know when you'd want to come over. I'm in the middle of a sewing project right now but should be done by the end of the week. Hope this works out for you. I'd like to see the website so I can see what they're supposed to look like before we start, if that's cool!

Camille and Luke said...

Oh Cheris!! I'm so sorry! I hope you have it fixed by now, but you can come use our shower if you want... Miss ya!

Lacey said...

Do you guys have water yet? You can come use our shower if you need to :D