Thursday, February 28, 2008

So as of last Wednesday....

We went to the doctors this week and we're sad to report that nothing much has changed but are really ok with the news because that means we have a little more time to get things done around the house. We really need to get her room done because right now the living room is overcome with all of her stuff and I just need some space!!!! We were a little disappointed to hear that not much had happened in the last week because I had been having some pains and was hoping it'd mean something but no such luck. I'm still feeling really good and still can't complain about how everything seems to be going so all in all we're in a really good position. We were also excited to learn that based on her position this week she's not measuring as big as she was last week so we might not have anything to worry about when it comes to her size. I've been really afraid of going all the way to my due date and even a little over because she has the chance of being really big. I don't know if I explained my concern about this in my last post but we have been told that Paul was almost 11 lbs and I was just barely under 8 lbs so based on those stats we're looking at potentially big babies. Scott and Casey (Paul's brother and his wife) just had a little one that was just over 8 lbs too so we know that they run in the family (I'd also like to note that he was 2 weeks early and was still that big!!)

Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't worry about the first one being too big because she'll just get my body ready for all the rest if we can get her out naturally. I don't know how I feel about that advice but I'm incredibly relieved that we have a little less to worry about. We'll see how much I gain between now and our next appointment. I'm shooting for no more than a pound.

While we've been anxiously waiting I've also been told not to be too disappointed that we haven't had too much of a change because a lot of people have been telling me that they've been the same way. It seems like the majority of the people I've talked to say that they didn't really have any "symptoms" until the day before or the actual day they started into labor, so we'll see. I may just get lucky and not have to deal with a lot of pain before we get into the tough sttuff... one can only hope!!! I've also heard that people who have it really rough in the beginning of their pregnancy have it mild to pretty well at the end so I'm hoping that's got some truth to it and that it's not just a myth. I think after 30 weeks of puking I deserve a break!!!! Haha!!!

I think after this last appointment I've finally calmed down and am more relaxed about everything. I was REALLY hoping for something to happen this weekend (March 1st) but it doesn't seem like too much is going to happen this soon. I've pretty much come to terms that she takes after me and she's just gonna be stubborn. I guess at this point we know what to expect for the next few years!!!! I just hope she doesn't wait and come on the 12th because that's our anniversary and I want to try to keep that just our day. I think we'll need the day to ourselves a lot more over the next 50 or so years and even though we haven't done a ton to celebrate so far it will become more important once there are others in the picture.

We'll see how things go. It's gonna get crazy here over the next couple of weeks. I just hope we can get everything done now that we have a little more time!!!!! Well keep you posted and let you know if anything changes. Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I found out how to make cool scrapbooky backgrounds! It takes a lot of work and patience which you might not have right now but here's the website to explain instruction.

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Cheris, you are so cute! You'll make it. Don't worry, having big babies terrifies me too. Mine have been pretty average though. It's so hard with the first one everybody just says "you'll know when it's for real." I hated when people told me that! Because I didn't know!