The day of the sleep study was a little chaotic. Paul was in Texas for training the whole week before so I took the kids out and stayed with Jake and Amanda for a few days before everyone came into town. We tried to schedule all of Colby's doctor appointments at the same time while we were there so we met with his ENT on Thursday, played with family on Friday and Saturday and then on Saturday night we had his appointment. Saturday was a fun day for everyone. We got up early to catch the train into Salt Lake and spent the whole day there. We went ice skating, finally met back up with Paul, ate at Tucanos, did a little shopping at The Gateway, saw the lights at Temple Square and then sent Colby and Paul off for the study. It wasn't until Paul and Colby said goodbye before I realized I hadn't packed a single thing for Colby the night of the study. Paul had a few things for him because he still had all of luggage from his trip but because we were spending the whole day in Salt Lake in the middle of December I was more worried about making sure everyone was dressed warm enough for our activities and completely forgot that Colby wasn't coming home with me before he was going to check in at the hospital. After a brief break down everyone reassured me that everything was going to be okay and thankfully it was. There are so many great programs that these (Primary Children's) hospitals provide and I am so grateful to them for making sure Colby had some of the comforts of home while he was there. Because I had forgotten to pack him a blanket and other comfort things I thought he'd might need, the hospital gave him a donated a beautiful quilt from the "Pillows for Patience" program that provides pillowcases and blankets for young kids who are "stuck" in the hospital. It was such a relief when Paul told me how well he was being taken care of.
The had a bit of a rough start getting everything set up on Colby. He wasn't too happy about all he wires and because he drinks milk now we had to save his milk for bed time and couldn't give him a bottle during set up because I was only able to send two bottles to the hospital with them. Once all of the wires were on and Colby was able to cuddle with Paul again he calmed down and was good to go. Thankfully it didn't take Colby too long to get to sleep, we're thinking that doing so much during the day probably helped him settle a lot faster than he did with past tests. He slept great through the night which means they probably got a good reading on him and hopefully we'll get good results. His ENT said that his laryngomalasia looked great and because he sounds great we should expect good news but we're still praying everything goes well and his apnea is gone. His doctor did say that Colby's androids were a little on the larger side so if he doesn't pass this test we might have to schedule an appointment to get those out but for now everything should be okay.
Paul always rolls his eyes at me when he does the appointments because I am very concerned about getting pictures but thankfully he knows how much it matters to me and he knows how bad I want to be there so he updated me with texts/photos as much as he could while they were away. Here are a few of the pictures he sent me.
![]() |
| Paul and Colby at check in. As you can see Colby wasn't too happy about the wires right after they added the nasal cannula but Paul was able to calm him down and they had a "good" time after that. |
![]() |
| Getting
started. This photo breaks my heart. He knows he has to do it but he
sure isn't happy about it. My little guy is so strong. He really is one of my hero's. |
![]() |
| Getting ready for sleep and finally passing out. Poor guy. I have no clue how he sleeps with those wires on. |
![]() | |
| ALL DONE!!! Those wires are MESSY but its nice to see them off of him. I was so happy when he finally came home and we could get him all cleaned up and I could cuddle him. |





No comments:
Post a Comment