Sunday, November 4, 2012

Race #2 - Teton Road Runners Zombie Chase 5K

This was my second 5K this year and we, Adele and I, decided to do another one that was really different. I had heard of this one for a while and had always thought it would be fun so we decided to give it a try. It's called the Zombie Chase and its held right around Halloween every year. We were also able to talk a few more friends to do this race with us this time because it was local. It was so fun to do it with our little group. Racing is a lot more fun when you do it with a "team". We also liked the idea of this one because when you sign up you choose wither or not you want to run as a survivor, they get a 1 minute head start, or a zombie. They also "suggested" that you dress up as whatever you decided to run as. How fun is that?! We had a great time and even though I wasn't one of the fastest people, the first person to cross the line did theirs in just over 15 mins - EAK!!, I was happy that I ran the whole thing without walking. That was a big deal for me. It was also nice to do the race in the evening when it wasn't as hot, or as early, as most races. That kind of seemed to set the stage for a good time as well.

Here is a little overview of the fun time we had.

My race tag.
I asked Riann if she wanted to join me for our "face painting" party over at Audra's house. She was really excited to come and participate. This was her before we got started.

And her during and after. She's got a great "living dead" face.

Finally done! She had a lot of fun posing for the camera.

This was my before shot. Pretty zombie already like if you ask me. Haha.

My during shots. I didn't get 100% finished until we were about half way there.
DONE!!!! Am I Zombie enough?!

Adele and Audra just about done with their looks. Audra had t he great idea to paint our shirts which I think added a lot to the look. It also made it more fun and felt like we were more in "character".

Just before we walked out the door. We're all squatting a little because Riann was our photographer at this point.
Frank and Christi and their kiddos met us at the location to do the race with us. Everyone but the two youngest dressed up too. It was fun to have Frank and Paul there to watch the kids so we could hang out with them after. Riann, Leo and Frankie also got to run in the free kids 1K and Colby met me just before the finish line as I warmed up with Riann and he finished with us so everyone got special medals for participating.

Christi and I crossing over the finish line. Audra and Adele were just in front of us.

The race map and my finishing times.
You can also kind of see everyone else's times there too, I just didn't circle them like I did mine.

Before and after the race. You can tell we were much happier to get done than to start. These girls are awesome!!
All of us together after the race. So glad my family is willing to come do all this stuff with me. Love these guys so much!!

Finally home and all cleaned up. I SURVIVED THE ZOMBIE INVASION.... well, sort of.

No comments: