Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bowling

A week or so ago the kids and I woke up on a Saturday morning itching to do something other than our normal wake up, watch TV and bum around the house all day while daddy's at work routine. After a brief status post on Facebook asking about what kind of fun things we could do in Rexburg we got a text from our neighbors who had decided to spend the morning bowling and they asked if we wanted to tag along. Eager to try something new the kids and I adventured out and decided to go have some fun.

We went to the bowling alley at Fat Cats Theater in town and we all had a great time. I don't know if you remember the last time we bowled there, for Riann's 2nd birthday, but they have ramps that the kids can place the balls on top of and push them down so that the balls don't go quite as slow down the lanes. They also have the lanes set up so that you can get bumpers based on who is bowling, that way you don't have to wait for specific lanes to open and you don't all have to use bumpers, if you don't want to. I probably should have had the bumpers up for me a few times though.

Riann loved doing everything on her own and even gave up on the ramp half way through. She'd lug her ball up to the lane and chuck it as far as it would go. Unfortunatelly she didn't have a ton of power behind her roll and it would take a little longer for it to get down to the pins but she loved watching it make it all the way down. She was quite animated and, as you can see from the last picture below, she waited for a high 5 at the end of every turn... BUT, you had to wait until the ball hit the pins to actually give her the high 5.

Colby even for to bowl a few times too, under my name, and he had a great time. Next time I think I'll actually pay to let him have his own turn. With the ramps he was more than able to do it. I just couldn't get any pictures of him bowling because I had to help him the whole time. Our friends might have gotten a few, I'll have to check and see. Even with Colby's help I still broke 100 (I can't remember my exact score) so I'd say we make a pretty good team. Colby didn't even get the bumpers for his turn and we still scored pretty high.

We had a great time. Riann loved her shoes too and was very sad that she had to return them at the end of her adventure. The whole time we were there they played music from Disney movies too so the kids had a great time dancing and singing along to the songs we all knew. I was surprised how many I could name as well. I still can't decide if that's good or bad.

I'm thinking we'll save up and try to go again soon. Hopefully this next time we'll be able to pick a time when daddy can come with us. Maybe we'll all go on a fun family date at the end of the semester so we can celebrate how hard Paul's been working in school and at work. He really is doing a great job this semester. I don't think I could keep up with all of the work he's got. We're VERY proud of him!!!

No comments: