Friday, January 13, 2012

Riann's First Day of Preschool

Riann had her first day of preschool this week and she LOVED it!! We started the morning off extra early because we had to take Paul up to campus so he could leave on a school "field trip" for the weekend. After school we went out to breakfast at McDonald's, mostly because they were the only ones open as early as we were up and also because Riann and Colby do a decent job eating there.

It was very out of schedule for her to wake up as early as she did but she did a great job getting ready and she was so excited to put on her new backpack and head off to school. We had done a few activities in her classroom the day before so she was excited to get back and see what all of this school business was about.

All dressed and ready to go. Doesn't she look cute?!

Getting breakfast. Colby had a harder time waking up but he was happy to be there too.

After class they have a teacher walk out with the kids so that they don't go sprinting off to the parking lot. Riann found a buddy and was so happy to have help coming out. She really seemed to enjoy her first day of class and they said she did a great job playing and participating.

All done for the day!!

I don't know if it was getting up so early or playing so hard at school but she sacked out at nap time. This was how I found her shortly after she went down and I just had to take a picture because it was so cute!!! She was SO tired!!

♫ Nap Time, Nap Time, Who Doesn't Love Nap Time??! ♫

That night since I was home alone with both kids we thought it would be fun to go out for dinner to celebrate Riann's first day... I know, I know, eating out twice in one day isn't good but I didn't want to deal with cleaning up on my own too and I had coupons for the kids... Haha. We went to Pizza Pie Cafe and the kids loved the endless options for dinner. Colby even ate a ton and it was fun to watch him try new things.

Happy kiddos enjoying their food.

All in all it seemed like Riann had a pretty fantastic day. I think she had a great time doing something that was just for her and she seemed to really like being around kids her age. She had a lot to tell me and we're excited for everything she's going to learn this semester. I can't believe my little girl is getting so grown up!!!!

No comments: