
Riann has had a hard time this year being locked up inside when there seems to be perfectly good snow outside to play in. We've had a hard time explaining to her that the snow we've got now isn't actually any fun because it's all iced over. Well the other day I had put Colby down for a nap and wanted to go get the mail and she asked if she could go with me. "I thought why not? It would be a good idea to let her walk outside for a little bit to and from the mailbox." Neither of us had gotten ready for the day yet and I wasn't planning on her being out for very long so I had her put on her coat and didn't bother having her change the rest of her clothes.
Unfortunately I didn't account for the fact that Riann struggles to (or just flat out doesn't) listen and wouldn't be satisfied just going to the mailbox and back. By the time I was at the mailbox I noticed that she was no longer behind me and was actually out in the yard jumping on top of the snow. I just had to laugh because she was having such a great time. After watching her I split off into the house to drop off the mail and grab the camera. It was fun watching her get stuck in the snow because it was about three feet deep and when she would break through the top layer she would struggle to get out. At the very end she lost her shoe and I had to go save it. It was SO hard to get out to her and I actually lost my shoe at one point. We had a great time through.
I'm glad we spent a little bit of time out that day, even if we weren't dressed for it.
1 comment:
Looks like she was really having fun. I love that she took her boot off "in the snow" the get the snow out. hehe
Post a Comment