Sunday, December 26, 2010

Colby's Blessing

Today we did Colby's blessing in the Fairwood ward in Renton Washington. Today was a great day. Started off a little stressful but being on time to 9am church can do that to a family ;-) Colby did fantastic and Paul gave him a beautiful blessing. It's so much fun to see the little babies dressed up in white and we had a great Sunday taking picture and spending time together as a family. Here are a few of the pictures we got from today.

The whole family group who came to the blessing.

Colby and I. He's lost his patience with pictures.
(This was one of the last ones we took.)

Riann and Colby's hands.

My handsome boy in his blessing outfit.

He's such an angel.

My beautiful babies.


Normally blessings are done on fast Sunday's so if you felt like it you would have the chance to bear your testimony in conjunction with the special day. I've been thinking a lot about that because when we blessed Riann we did it on a Saturday and didn't get to attend the fast and testimony meeting the next day because we were all sick. I figure now is a good time to bear my testimony because I know I'd have a hard time doing it in church if we had done it on a fast Sunday.

I'm grateful for my extended families. I'm grateful for all they do for all they do for Paul and I and our children. It is such a blessing to have in-law's and step-siblings who love us just as much as you would love your own family members. Growing up in a divided home should have been a lot harder for us than it was but we got lucky and as my parents remarried my family grew and those who joined us only made life easier. At times when we were in the thick of it, it was hard to see the blessings but now looking back it was all for the better.

I'm grateful for my own family. I'm grateful that Paul is such a good example to me and the kids. I'm grateful for his dedication to loving us and for all he does and how hard he works. I'm grateful that he honors his priesthood and that he is worthy to bless our children. He is a fantastic father, husband and friend and I'm so thankful the Lord has given me someone like him. I'm grateful for Riann and Colby and the lesson's they teach me each and every day. I've learned how to be a better child to my father in heaven as I've learned how to be a parent. I hope that they know I'm trying just as hard as they are to do good and that together we can learn to serve our father in heaven better every day. I'm grateful for eternal families and for the blessing it is to know that this isn't the end. I'm so thankful that we can be together after this life and for the knowledge that we are not lost.

I'm thankful for our savior and for his life, which he willingly gave. I know I need to do better to show my gratitude and serve the Lord each day. The blessings I've been given don't come free and I need to do better to remember to thank the Lord for all I've been given each day. I need to do better to teach my children through instruction, and more importantly through example, that I love the Lord and I love our church. I'm grateful for our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and I believe that he is a true prophet of the Lord. I know he was chosen to lead our church by the Lord and I believe in his words. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith and believe that he was chosen by the Lord to lead us into to Latter days. I believe the Book of Mormon is true and need to focus my time better in studying the words of that book and spend more time learning the lessons that are taught there.

I've been given so many blessings in my life and I'm grateful for each and every one of them. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, our savor. - Amen

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

It was great reading your testimony. Colby looks so handsome in his blessing outfit. What a beautiful family you have.

Katie C. said...

Cheris! You and your babies are BEAUTIFUL!

Adrian said...

Beautiful children and testimony.