Thursday, June 24, 2010

My little girl...

I'm not a fussy mom. Most of the time I barely have time to do my own hair let alone help Riann with her's. Plus I grew up with only boys and so I don't know how to do a TON. Anything I do know, has been self taught and that's a short list. I've been trying to do fun stuff with Riann's hair lately. The other day Riann was VERY patient with me and let me pull out my curling iron to do her hair. I was able to get her to sit still for just a few moments while I got it done. Here is how it turned out...





Over all I think I did pretty good. She sat REALLY still, thanks to Nemo, so there weren't any burns. I even made sure to use a heat protector spray (for Paul's mom ;-)) so I didn't hurt her beautiful "virgin" hair. This last Sunday she let me curl it again but was a little less content through the whole process. By the time we got back from church it was all over the place so I didn't get any pictures. I have done a few things with braids, I can't believe I was able to put a braid in her hair - it's SO thin, and clips since this day but I haven't been able to capture it. She's got really long fluffy "bangs" and they are always falling in her eyes. We can't cut them because they aren't her "real" bangs, just the long hair that's more on the top of her head. And the layers just wouldn't look right. Her real bangs are just baby hairs that haven't grown too much but we can't keep the longer stuff out of her eyes so we, yes Paul's included in this - which has been SUPER cute and very fun so far, have been trying out different ways to keep her hair back. I just picked up a few more hair ties, and Paul picked out some head bands and I'm going to be playing more. I'm so glad she's patient with me because I'm hoping I can get her to do some fun stuff. I'll post more as I get better and have fun things done.

4 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

I know it isn't the same at all but I am having problems with Dallin's hair! I think this weekend we are gonig to give him his first ever hair cut because the back and over the ears is getting long and it looks funny to me but everywhere else he doesn't have hair long enough to cut... I can't wait to see how he will behave for me while I use the clippers!

Unknown said...

She has beautiful hair! And I think you did a great job, can't wait to see some of the other things you try out!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun! I love the curls. That's so good that she sat so still for you.

The Harkers said...

Cute, I love the curls!