Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back up and running... Riann's 2nd Birthday!!

So it's been FOREVER since I've posted. I was having trouble getting pictures to load onto Facebook (so I could work on posts while I was working) a while back so I gave up on that for a little while, and then we took down the computer with all of the photos on it when we started working on the house again and so I couldn't access any photos so I've been out of commission for a while. I feel really bad because I've just looked through some of our photos and I realize how that I've missed a few big events that I should have posted about for family.

We'll start with Riann's birthday... This past March Riann turned 2. We debated throwing her a big party because she was so sick last year we couldn't do anything and we wanted to make up for it this year but she's still at that age where it doesn't matter to her so we weren't sure what to do.

On her actual birthday, the 10th, we went out and got some pizza, a cake mix and a Texas muffin tin and came home and played for a little bit. Once Paul and his sister Amie were out of classes and everyone was "home", we played at our house. I had borrowed some Disney movies from a friend and one of the movies I thought I had gotten wasn't what was actually in the box so that night we ended up watching Cinderella. After eating pizza we pulled out the cupcakes and everyone got to decorate their own. I didn't realize it until after we had started decorating but between the sprinkles I had purchased for the cupcakes, the cake being pink with pink and white frosting, and the movie... Riann had just had her first princess party!!! We all kind of laughed at that because I am SO not a princess person but over all it worked out okay.

The cupcakes before decorating.
Riann decorating her own... Yes, she was being heavily supervised with the knife.
Riann's work of art.
Her special #2 candle that she loving broke hours later.

Later that week, we decided to get a few friends together and go to breakfast and then the new bounce/play zone at The Rex (one of our local theaters/bowling/entertainment centers). It was a lot of fun. When we got there they were still setting up from a party the night before and so we got a free game of bowling while we waited for everything to be complete. I didn't know they had little stands for the smaller kids and so Riann and all of her friends got their own lane with bumpers and the stand and with the help of parents everyone got to bowl for about 20 mins before we started to play.

The rest of our time was spent in the bounce area, until the kiddos got too tired to keep going and we all left for some much needed naps.

At breakfast. She's now in love with ice. She picked that up from Paul's mom when we were home for Christmas.
Getting ready to bowl.
Coming down a slide at the bounce house... She's not as scared as she looks.
Rolling to the bottom.
Finally at the bottom.
Loving every moment of it.
Bouncing around.
Taking a break before the other kids, bigger kids, get back in and trample her.
Just having fun!!!

4 comments:

Adrian said...

WOW! She is so big! Looks like a party!

Kathy said...

fantastic, thanks for the pics of her birthday, etc. Sorry about the ice thing. I found out it was because I was anemic. I don't crave ice anymore.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun! We'll have to check out The Craze sometime. She did a good job decorating her cupcake!

Ashley said...

Holy cow Cheris,
I can't believe she's 2 already! She's a doll! :)