We had a few tough spots in the trail but all-in-all our car did okay. We never made it to the lake because the snow was too deep but it was still worth the trip. There was one point where one of the cars in front of the pack blew out his clutch and that stopped the trip for about 2 hours while we tried to dig him out but it because of the delay we say the most beautiful sunset I've ever experienced!!!
I know I say this a lot but there are times when I'm not that grateful for everything I have. I get really home sick and there are times when I'm sure I'm hard to live with because I want nothing more to be out of Idaho and back in Washington. Then I have weekends like these where I get the see the magical surrounding we live in and it changes my perspective. This area was touched by God. When you look at how beautiful and blessed this corner of our state is you can't doubt that God is real and it's impossible to not feel the love He has for each and every one of his children. I'm not trying to preach but if you could only experience it first hand you would more than know that every word I've said is true. You can see God in the amazing landscape out here and we are so blessed to be able to access it so easily.
Here are the best pictures I have to show just how great this day was!!!
Amie having fun riding in the car. I think she was playing with Riann and looked up just at the right time for me to catch a smile. She's beautiful!!!
Before we really got up the mountain the group stopped to air down their tires.
These are a few shots of almost everyone who was with us.

For a FORD this thing was pretty sweet!!! He had a blast plowing through the snow. You can see by his tires we got in some pretty deep stuff.

Frank's truck brought up the rear. I'm sooo glad it did. We were really focused on what was ahead of us the whole time and so we didn't take much time to look back and there was a moment when we got stopped because someone was stuck and we ran back to say hi to Frank and it was AMAZING seeing that view behind us!!! There are a few better pictures below but you really couldn't capture how amazing that view was with the Tetons in the background.

As we were waiting to get the member of the group who broke down going again the clouds started to change and everything got a little cooler.

One of the guys in the group playing around. If we weren't in the process of selling our rig I'm sure Paul would have been right behind him!!!

YES she was in her car seat the whole time we were moving but when we had our long pauses she needed to get out and stretch. She had a blast playing with Aunt Amie in the front of the car. I absolutely adore this child. She's is so wonderful to us!!!! I hope she still loves doing this stuff with us when she grows up!!!

This was a better shot of what we saw behind Frank's truck. It was amazing with the road in view but you kind of get the idea here. I'm telling ya... God really knows what he's doing!!!

We got a little further up the road after we had the 2 hour delay. The sun started to set and the sky started to change. It was amazing to be up there and see a sun set like this. It's still not as good on file as it was in person but as you can see it was AMAZING!!!

Coming down the mountain. Everything started to change so quick!!!

There were so many colors. You'd look out the widow one direction and see one thing and then look out the other and see more. Then you'd look back and it would all be different.

Beautiful!!! Doesn't it just feel peaceful?!?!!

One of the best evenings in Idaho. It was a long hard day but coming home to this was AMAZING!!!
Our plan is to take a trip up this next summer and camp a few nights. There's no running water or toilets but if anyone wants to join us their welcome to. We want to camp up by the lake and watch a sunrise and sunset over the Tetons. There's TONS of room at the top so seriously if you want in on the plans let me know!!! I'm so excited to get back up there. There is so much to do in this area but I swear to you, this is the most beautiful spot in Idaho!!!
5 comments:
I remember seeing that sunset on Saturday! It was amazing and helped me feel better
heck ya we will come camping with you guys! that would be fun! summer cant come soon enough!!... oh wait thats right... winter just started... :(
We love packsaddle lake! Count us in for this summer!
great photos! they are awesome. i love seeing scenery. it was beautiful.
wow, Cheris, that looks like TONS of fun! Great photos, particularly the sunset one with the two tall trees silhouetted. Impressive! God DOES know what he's doing! How far is this magical place from Rexburg?
Post a Comment