We had a pretty relaxing morning. It was wonderful to not have to worry about work. It's really been killing me going in lately, we're really going to have to figure out something new. I don't like being away, but it's what we need for now. After taking a while to wake up we got going on a window or two and really got them in. After that we all cleaned up and got ready to get down to Idaho Falls for the fire works. It was really a nice trip to be with Paul and Riann and not really need to think about life for a while. I was really at peace most of the day. We got into IF and Paul decided he needed to eat so we took some time and stopped at AppleBee's it was really fun. Riann was really good and just had a blast playing in her chair. The food there has gotten TONS better than when we first started eating there and we've started to have really good times when we go. After eating we walked over to the green belt which is right on the water in front of the temple and found some great seats... or what we thought were great seats. We didn't know that the show had been moved because of flooding and so we were actually sitting the wrong direction and missed part of the show behind some of the buildings we were trying to avoid. It ended up being a pretty good day though. It was nice to be out of the house and to just get to spend some time as just the 3 of us. We haven't done that lately and it was really refreshing. It was a blast to watch Riann and Paul play together and I had a lot of fun "people watching" with Paul as people passed us in our seats. I also REALLY enjoyed all of the complements people gave us about Riann as they walked bye. I'm a sucker for that stuff!!!
I'm really grateful we get to take a day to celebrate the blessing it is to live in a free country. I am so grateful for the joys that I have in my life and for those who have allowed me the chance to experience them. My freedom is something I hold sacred and I will never be able to repay those who have given me that luxury. I will try my hardest to never take for granted what I've been given and the price that was paid for me to have it. I owe my freedom to the brave men and women who have given their lives to this country and I am truly grateful for that gift. Not only to I owe my freedom to them but to their families who have given the greatest sacrifice to this country and I hope that one day we will all find the courage to make their sacrifice worth while. I know my blessings don't come free and I am always honored to say "I'm proud to be an American!!!"
Although it will never be enough, Thank you to all who have fought and died and sacrificed on my behalf and so my children can have the opportunity to live a better life than I did. God bless the troops and their families who love them!!!
Here are some photo's from that day!!!








Getting ready to go out... Riann thought she'd do a little bow modeling before we got her dressed.

She kept trying to sit up at Applebee's but she kept getting distracted with her feet.

Riann loving loves from Daddy!!!

A beautiful smile in action!!!

She loves all of the attention he gives her.

Hanging out waiting for the show to start.

I love her so much!!!!!
10 comments:
Oh my Gosh Cheris! Riann is SUCH a cutie! I love the patriotic bow and outfit you have her in! Sky rolled over finally on the 4th of July also-isn't it so exciting to watch them grow and develop! Hope things are going well for you (:
I want to be one of those crazy moms who dresses up their kids like turkeys and pumpkins for holidays. :)
I love the pictures and that bow is so cute! Make sure she wears them as much as possible now because in not too long, she'll realize she can pull them off..... that's a sad day.
How's the camera working, did you figure it out? Let me know how it's going. I did the dressing her up on the 4th too.... I love it!
http://www.artscow.com/
Cheris try this site! They're doing a huge promotion since they're so new. You get 400 prints free and a free photo book. Try it soon before it goes away. I'm going to try it. Hopefully you haven't developed your pics yet.
yeah Cheris! wow! She has got great eyes!
Cute pictures!!! Aren't relaxing days when you can just do nothing with your hubby & baby the best?
You should shave your head so you match us... That's a good pic of her lounging in my lap.
You forgot about the segway pigs though!
Fun! I am totally that kind of mom also- especially on 4th of july- I just love it! Cute pics, she is so precious- i can't believe how big she is!
Hey! I was wondering when you thought we might be able to get our camera back from you.... I know you called and said you were done with it, but life's been hectic. If you don't mind, give me a call later and let me know what you think. K?
Those are such CUTE, patriotic baby pictures!
Post a Comment