Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hopefully I have some time...

So the baby is down for a nap and I'm going to try to get an update out as fast as I can because it seems like no matter how long I get her down for she's always up the minute I try to write a quick note.

First off I would like to apologize for not writing this last month. Things kind of got a little difficult and I've been in a pretty bad mood so I was afraid to sit down and start going at it on the computer because I didn't want each post to come off negative. That's part of the reason I feel like I fail at keeping a journal because I notice a trend where instead of focusing on what's great about the day I often replay what went wrong. My goal for these blogs is to have them be free of whining and well... like they say in Bambi... "If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all." I also know I really don't have much to complain about so when I get into these moods it's better to just not let me get started.

So on to better things. We are doing well. The great sleep we've been waiting for is still not here yet. She's actually digressed in her long stretches because I was a bad mom and let her become "spoiled" while all of her family was here. Knowing that it was going to be a while before they all saw her again we dropped her schedule and I let anyone who wanted her to have at it. Well we've come to find that she's struggling to sleep when she's not being held and that's created a dilemma because work keeps piling up around the house and yet I can't do it because she just wont sleep or let me put her down. We're finally getting things figured out though and she's doing much better. We even tried putting her in her own room last night. Oh goodness was that hard. I didn't think it would be too bad and she did great!!! I was just a complete baby and lost it once the lights were out. I'm going to be a wimp when it comes to weaning and stuff like that. It just makes her seem that much older and I don't want her to grow up just yet!!! Goodness... Life goes by to quick!!! I'm trying to be patient as life goes by but each day we see such strides in her personality it's hard to not want to savor it all. I'm sure all of you mothers know what I'm talking about. I just can't wait to see who she becomes. It's amazing how much life changes before you ever think it will.

So between my last post and now I am an official BYU-Idaho graduate. On April 10 and after waiting a whole semester I finally walked at graduation completing my BYU-I experience. On April 12 we all got together to bless the baby finalizing her name and submitting it to the church, I always joked with Paul that we can't change her name after she's been blessed so we better like what we've chosen. Her blessing went well. We were saved by our bishop who helped conduct the meeting last minute. We decided to do it on Saturday because our families had to get back to Seattle for work on Monday and we didn't want to pack too much into Sunday and take away half a days worth of travel. It ended up being a blessing that we did it on Saturday too because everyone ended up getting sick and it would have been terrible to have all of us at church passing on the many different things we all ended up leaving with. It was a crazy week. Paul's family all ended up coming to town sick and with the tight quarters my family all left town sick so we shared a lot of good times while they were all here.

I need to jet because I'm taking too much time. I'm really going to try to get better at short posts. I envy a lot of you who can say so much with not so many words. It's a goal I've had for a while... I'm going to have to get working on it!!!

I'm also going to be posting some info about our new home business right after this so PLEASE read it and let us know if we can help you or someone you know out!!! A quick link to the website is on our page under the "business sites" headder.

Here are a few photo's from graduation and the blessing...

Graduation





Riann's Blessing










Thanks guy!!! We love you!!!

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Yeah! The first time you posted pictures with your post!