Monday, August 20, 2012

Our First 4th of July Celebration

Because the 4th was on a Wednesday this year we got to celebrate it on two separate days, instead of trying to put a ton of activities into one day. For our first adventure we headed out to Driggs, ID and celebrated the 4th at the Huntsman Springs’ Celebrate America festival with some of our friends on June 30th. There are a lot of people that travel for this event and the event host, Jon Huntsman, said that many of of his good friends contacted him before the 4th and asked him to hold it on a Saturday so they would have time to travel out and and get back home as opposed to holding it on a week day and not being able to come. He felt like that was a reasonable request and so they hosted their event on the Saturday before the 4th and we are so grateful because we had a great time!!

One of my favorite things about where we live in Idaho are these mountains. I love that I can see them from my backyard and I love that we can go to places like Driggs which is just at the base of the mountain. They are absolutely beautiful and this is the view you see the whole time you're out there. One of the items I have on my bucket list out here before we move is to catch a close up sunrise over the Tetons. They are amazing!
Once we got to the event, we parked and found a place to sit. We weren't too close for the shows and they were hard to stay focused on but we were in the perfect spot for the fireworks and it was one of the best shows I've seen. It was LOTS of fun!! The kids had a great time playing together and running around. They pretty much took full range of the gold course and enjoyed every minute of it.
Our view of the stage from where we were sitting.

All the kiddos playing. We had a pretty fun group.  It's great watching these guys grow up together.
Colby is in love with airplanes right now and while we were out there were lots of them flying in and out of the airport in Driggs. Paul picked him up to check them out together. I love how excited Colby gets about the life around him.

Roslyn's first 4th was pretty fun. She did pretty good for being out the whole day and thanks to her grandma's she looked pretty cute the whole time.
It was just about time for the fire works to start and the kids got focused. They were so cute all sitting together.

Like I said before the show was pretty amazing. I love this setting on my camera! Can't wait for more fireworks to see what else I can get!!
While everyone was watching the show I snuck in a few photos. I love all of my friends SOOOO much!!!
We had a great time playing together with our friends and it was a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th of July. It's always hard for me to not spend the 4th with family... or at the beach... but this was a great alternative option. This was one of the best shows we've seen since being out here in Idaho and I'm grateful that there are people out there who still have such a deep love for our country and all she stands for. I love this land and I am so grateful to be an American and a day doesn't go by that I'm not grateful for those who are currently serving or who have served to keep my family free and safe. Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments: