This Easter was a little crazy but LOTS of fun. We started Easter weekend off with the annual Salem Easter Egg Hunt. I love this event and look forward to it every year. We've participated in in for the last three years, since Riann was old enough to participate in her first one and I hope we get to keep going as long as we live out here. They do a fantastic job at keeping this just about the kids and we appreciate the hard work that is put into every single year. Unfortunately this year Colby and Riann were supposed to "hunt" in different areas but I didn't have Paul with me this year (he had to work, bummer) so I was on my own. To make things easier and to get pictures of both kids I went a head and had Colby hunt with Riann's age group this year. It worked out perfectly because with the help of some of our fantastic neighbors, who made sure Riann was taken care of and helped her find her treats, I was able to focus on Colby and help him figure out what he was supposed to do. We even lucked out an found a GREAT spot up front where just the two of us could search for candy and not get trampled by any "big kids". Colby did a great job for his first hunt and I'm excited to see how he does next year when he has a better idea of what's going on.
 |
| Colby on his first hunt. He had a hard time spotting the candy because a lot of his stuff wasn't in eggs but once he knew he was looking for Smarties and Suckers he was good to go. He did a great job!!! |
 |
| Riann on her search and going through her candy. She was very excited about getting her eggs and showing everyone her prizes. I'm so grateful for our neighbors who walked with her and helped her find as many eggs as they could. |
 |
| The kids going through their eggs to see what they got. Colby wouldn't sit still until I gave him a sucker. He didn't really care about much else after that. This kid can devour a sucker in seconds. He's a slobbery mess at the end but he sure enjoys it!!! Riann got a bunch of fun prizes and LOTS of candy, which made the WHOLE day worth it. |
 |
| The kids and I after they finished checking out their spoils. |
Immediately after the Easter egg hunt we jumped in the car and left to go pick up Paul from work then headed out to Ogden to celebrate the rest of the weekend with family. Jake and Amanda had just had their second baby, named Baylen Rae, and they decided to bless her Easter weekend. It was great for us because we rarely get to spend holidays with family and this was a great excuse (considering I was eight months pregnant and probably shouldn't have been leaving town) to travel down to Utah and spend time with them, my dad and Cheri included and other family members. The blessing was beautiful and I LOVED Baylen's blessing dress. Amanda picked it up for her while they were in Mexico on a vacation trip and it was absolutely adorable!! Baylen was the most beautiful baby ever!!
 |
| The "new" Zornes family on blessing day. |
 |
| Riann and Daniel and my dad and Baylen. Some of the cutest kids in the whole world!! |
 |
| A family picture of us. I was hoping for more but we ran out of time and patience. The kiddos just wanted to get home and get changed and PLAY!! |
After the blessing we went back to Jake and Amanda's for a lunch-in and another Easter egg hunt. The kids had a great time in the sunshine and I was so grateful for the extra time we got to spend with family relaxing. It's rare that we get to see them and little trips like this are such a blessing to all of us. Time is a great blessing and we were so grateful to have gotten a little more to spend with each other, especially on such a special weekend.
 |
| Amanda's mom is one of the most thoughtful people I know and she treats my kids just like her own grandchildren. I am so grateful for her and all she does for my kids. Especially when she knows she doesn't have to. She made wonderful Easter bags for the kids and they were so excited for all of the treats. I'm so thankful for all of the people in our lives. To have "extended family" like this, even though they aren't directly related to us has been such a blessing. Amanda's family has always made us feel so welcome and we really do feel like they are a part of our family. Having them close by makes being away from our families a little easier. |
 |
| Amanda set up an Easter egg hunt for the kids after the lunch-in was over and the kids had a blast. Colby wasn't incredibly interested in looking for eggs again, in fact the sand box had FINALLY been vacated by the big kids so it was his turn to finally get to use it and that's what he did the whole time. Daniel and Riann didn't seem to mind because that just meant they were able to find more eggs. Once every egg was spotted the kids combined their spoils and each were given the same amount. Most of the eggs had a prize while the others had treats for the kids. Riann was so excited for each prize she got and we're still enjoying playing with them. |
This Easter was great. It was wonderful to get in one last family trip before the baby came. We are so blessed to have Jake and Amanda so close to us and we're so grateful they put up with us and let us stay with them anytime we come into town. We love our family so much and we're grateful we have each other. It was such a blessing to be able to celebrate our Savior's life (and death) with them and remember what His sacrifice has truly given us.
1 comment:
You said so many nice things. Thank you! And we are glad to have you close by too! Love ya
Post a Comment