So a little update... I'll try to write more tomorrow because we're going to the doctors and will hopefully have news about how things are progressing but we'll see. This is just what we've been up to since Saturday... You're gonna laugh at us!!!
Everything so far has been a little crazy. Paul and I decided... I'm still trying to figure out why... to replace our carpet this weekend so Friday we went into the store to look around, Saturday we went in to finalize some stuff and upon discussing what we wanted to do we were told that it would be much better to install hardwood floors before the carpet because there would be a ton of dust and within 10 minutes we were purchasing both not just the one. That night we had a guy over from the company measuring the kitchen to see what we needed and set us up this week for installation. We're lucky they could do it all this soon. I'm really grateful that they were so willing to work with our schedule. To get things going we've been moving things out of the house since Sunday night and to complicate things even more we decided to also rip out our fireplace AND our baseboard heaters... knowing full well that winter can potentially last another month or two out here. I don't know what we're thinking... We've pretty much removed all heat sources from the house except the heater in our bathroom and a space heater we bought from Wal-mart a few months back. We're gonna see quick how good of an idea this was... I think we'll be ok for now because the two heaters we do have should work pretty well and we've been working with a guy from our ward on getting forced air so I think we'll be ok. We just need to get some realistic costs for the conversion and see what we're actually gonna pay to do it all. We'll also probably save a lot in electric because we don't have the chance to waste any of our heat by leaving it on when it should be off. This could in fact work in our favor. We'll have to see how this goes...
Back to the floors... Our installers got in today and took a bit to get going but it seems as though they've done quite a bit since I left for work. I don't think it should have been a two day job for the wood portion but in my last conversation with Paul it sounds like they've got about 3/4th of the job complete should finish it all tomorrow. We are ripping out our carpet ourselves to save money, so we've been trying to keep up with them in getting everything finished so they can move into putting them in as soon as they've finished the wood. At this point we still have 3 rooms to pull up so it's going to be another late night and early morning. If we get this all done tomorrow don't plan on talking to me before 12 Thursday afternoon because I'm determined to sleep in!!!! I'm so hoping I'll be that lucky!!!!
I know as some of you are reading this you're yelling at me for working too hard but don't worry... Paul is not letting me do the hard work. I've been mostly packing boxes and moving blankets and pillows. He has let me pull up staples but I'm not really that good at it. I think last night when we were working in the baby's room he did about 3/4th of it before I got done with my part. It really doesn't seem to matter though. I've been on my feet TONS over the last few days and they baby doesn't seem the least bit effected. I just seem to get more and more energy the longer I'm up. I don't get it.
We go into the doctors tomorrow to see if anythings changed and I'm hoping it has but I don't want to get my hopes too high because I haven't been feeling that bad. A couple of times I've been just completely shot and it was getting hard to get up and walk around because I've been getting a little bit sore but over all I still can't say it's been all that hard. I'm hoping that she'll want to stay in until we at least get the floors done (which should be Thursday) but wont I certainly wont complain if she tries to come a little sooner. We'll see. We'd love to get more done in the house if we can while every things out but we don't want to push it. I'm kind of hoping the Lord will put a stop to our drive to improve and send her on her way down here so we can take a break. I think as long as I have my couches and a bed I'll be ok with whatever we try to do next. We'll have to feel it all out after tomorrow's appointment but I don't think we'll push it. It would just be REALLY nice to get as much done as we can now while we don't have furniture in the way and so we don't have move it all back out later. Hopefully tomorrow will tell us A LOT!!! I'm prayin for it to...
I'll let you all know what's going on as soon as we find out!!! Thanks for reading!!!
PS... Survey questions... we're trying to decide if we should try to replace the fireplace with a gas burning one now, later or at all. It would be one that was more for looks than for actual heat because we're gonna get forced air like I said but we don't know what to do just yet. My main question for everyone is: Would you ever purchase a home without a fireplace and if so do you think it would be a lower value if there wasn't one? Let me know what you think??? You're opinions will help A LOT!!!
2 comments:
I don't know about the fireplace thing...we don't have one in our house...but I just can't believe how much you guys are doing!! What the freak when is this little girl coming :) hee hee...hope you are still doing good and I check everday to see if maybe she has come!!!
I'm not sure about the fireplace thing, either...I personally love them, but if the rest of the home was wonderful, I would still buy a house without a fireplace. I'm glad to hear that Paul's not letting you do the heavy stuff, but I must say this is the biggest case of "nesting" I've ever heard of!
Post a Comment