Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Newest on the baby situation

Today we had our doctors appointment and it went pretty well. We found out that I'm dilated to about a 2.5 (which I'm thinking is more like a 2 based on some of the last appointments) and I had my membranes stripped. It was a lot easier than I thought it was all going to be. I've heard quite a few horror stories about that part of it all. It was kind of funny because I've been worried about them doing it with all of the house stuff going on and I've been worried that I'd end up putting me into labor before all of the flooring was actually put in. As were sitting there asking questions my doctor starts feeling for her position and stripping my membranes and slowly looks up and half way through the process asks... "Oh did you want me to do this?" I freak out because in the back of my mind I'm thinking "I can't have this done... what if it puts me into labor tonight?!?!?!" I ask him what the process details and he says "just this..." and does it. At this point I'm in shock because he potentially planned my night without my consent but did it all without the paint that I thought it was going to consist of. I figured at that point I couldn't do anything and we'd just feel out the night and so far it's been pretty normal. I've had what I think might be regular contractions from about 5:30 to about 7:35 but they have pretty much stopped and consisted of very little pain. At this point I'm still feeling pretty good. I talked to a few of the girls I work with this afternoon and they are all excited for me because everyone they've known to have the procedure done (including themselves) goes into labor about 72 hours after the it's done. So they're once again starting to "bet" on when it will happen. So far this last part has been pretty less than typical so I don't plan on them being right on but I think it would be pretty exciting if they were close. Plus... once we get these floors done tomorrow nothing will be holding me back. I'd love to shoot for Friday-Sunday because the doctor I want is on call but we'll see. I've come to the conclusion that she's comin when she's good and ready and not a moment sooner. I just pray it will be less than a week from now.

We asked the doctor what he thought about her size this week and he said that he predicts about 8lbs 6 oz. I'm thinking if he's right I'm a little scared but we'll see. It could definitely be worse.

Overall I think that's about all the news we got today. Not too much else is going on. I think between the house and to doctors I've got you all covered. We don't have any computers set up in the house because of the floors so as soon as we get those back up I'll post pictures of how everything looks. I'm excited to get home tonight because they left us a message saying that they got 2 of the back rooms done and everything else should be completed tomorrow. They did finish the kitchen before Paul and I left for work today and it looks GREAT!!!! I just wish our walls looked good with them. I hope we'll be able to get that part done soon. It's really coming together. I just hope we can keep up our momentum.

I'll keep you guys posted if anything changes!!! Pray for good news... for this weekend!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

How exciting! I hope you get the doctor that you want...I did, and it was really nice. The funny thing is that you really don't spend a ton of time with the doctor (at least in my experience), but rather tons of time with the nurses. I hope you get some great ones! They really are miracle workers! You'll do just fine with everything!

Lindsey M said...

It looks like you are starting to get used to this blogger thing and perfect timing might I add. Wow, so the baby is coming soon! She will change your life forever. My delivery went great. I know what you mean when everyone tells you their horror stories. It was one of the best days of my life. I know you'll do great. I can't wait to see pictures. She will be beautiful.

monica said...

I'm so excited for you! It will be so much fun to finally have her with you.