Monday, March 21, 2011

Siblings

I can't express how blessed we've been that Colby and Riann have hit it off since day one. It is so much fun to watch Colby follow Riann and to have Riann play and show concern for Colby. Anytime Colby is laying on the floor and Riann walks into the room he is instantly fixated on her. He follows her every movement and lights up whenever she is around. Riann loves to get down on the floor and show Colby how to play with his toys and help with diaper changes and picking out his clothes. She loves to talk to him and gets very concerned when he cries. She also loves checking on him while he's sleeping and loves to wake him up whenever we're not watching. Her new favorite game is pushing Colby in his walker around the front room and even tries to sneak him back into her bedroom so that she can read to him. Colby likes to sit in his walker most of the time but LOVES it when Riann is willing to push him around and help him spin his toys. Riann also loves to introduce everyone to Colby. I doesn't matter where we are she always announces to everyone who says "hello" to her that "this is my brother Colby!!!"

I love watching these kids together. I pray that they will always be close. I know that there will be a time when all they do is fight and I know that as Colby gets older and is more interested in Riann's toys that time is coming sooner than I would like to think. But for now I'm happy to just enjoy how much they love each other. I am amazed at how much you can see it on their faces.

Here are a few fun pictures of them together over the last little bit. Can't wait for the many fun pictures we'll get over this summer!!!

Riann and Colby together for our first attempt at "Christmas Pictures". Riann loved holding Colby at the very beginning. He was pretty happy to just be held in the beginning. Even if it was a little uncomfortable.

Riann and Colby dressed up on Colby's blessing day. Riann was such a sport that day. She was a little unhappy after church but was very kind to me and patiently posed for pictures.

Riann and Colby playing together at Grandma and Grandpa Vreeken's house.

I have a few more pictures on our Mac that I will get together and add soon. I love these kids!!!

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Makes me more excited for James to have his sister. Riann sounds like a great big sister! So cute how much Colby loves her.