Friday, March 5, 2010

Naps

Well ever since we've taken away the paci naps have been a little difficult. It took about two weeks to get her back into a napping pattern and we're finally back on track, for the most part. Over the last two weeks we've been struggling with little things here and there like colds, how tired she really is, scheduling conflicts, replacement soothers, keeping her clothes on, and keeping her toys and other objects out of her bed. Yes, the last two issues have been the biggest problems. She's been going through a new naked stage, this hasn't been the first. I've found that if she doesn't have on pants with a belt sinched before her nap, than it's not worth putting her down because if doesn't go to sleep right away, her clothes are the first thing to come off. Sometimes we catch her before she gets to her diaper but unfortunately there were a few occasions where we didn't make it in time. We've only had one major accident in the bed, this time around, and by the time we realized her clothes were off she was already asleep so we couldn't get in to inspect the possible damage. I should have known better because she had been yelling "yucky" at me for a few minutes before she got quite, but she had thrown up a little bit in her bed the night before (due to coughing hard from the cold she was getting over) and she noticed that in the morning when she woke up. I had already changed the sheets because of that whole ordeal but she gets things stuck in her head and keeps repeating them so I figured she was just remembering the spot from this morning and wanted me to come in and give her a little more attention, delaying her nap a little longer. Little did I know she had pooped and was trying to tell me about it. Well during this particular nap she was good and slept on the opposite side of the bed and stayed 100% away from it.

As for the particular nap I wanted to share with you today it involves objects in her bed. I don't know how she gets them in because I make sure there is nothing around the edges of the bed so I don't trip on them when I maneuver her into the bed or when we come in to get her out. On this particular day she was able to get her laundry basket into her bed. I'm not sure how she did it because the basket was about 2-3 feet away from her bed but somehow she was able to do it.

She had actually "quitely" gone to sleep this day so I never suspected something was up. When she woke up I can't remember what she was yelling at me, normally is "open door please!!!", but I'm sure it was something different because I remember thinking it sounded strange and I should probably go get her before anything "bigger" happened, like the normal removal of clothing. When I get the door open this is the first thing I see...


Yes that would be my baby hiding in her laundry basket. And the colorful item in the very bottom left of the picture... That would be her shirt.

At first I panicked because I didn't know what I was looking at. All I saw was the basket and I couldn't see anything inside because I was a little groggy myself. I came in thinking "oh no, she's finally figured how to get out... it's all over!!" After my momentary panic I realized that the basket was happily saying "HI MOMMY!!" and starting to rock as she was trying to sit up. When I finally realized what I was looking at I sprinted out of the room for the camera.

When I got back she was VERY happy to show off her accomplishment. Here are a few pictures of I got of her while she was still in the basket...




I must admit she is one cute kid. I'm just glad we're getting back to a normal nap schedule because she's hitting the terrible twos hard and I think my life would be over if nap time was gone!!

6 comments:

The Smaellies said...

Hilarious!! That Riann is a trip!

The Hatch Family said...

I am having the same trials! Sammy likes to strip! He has finally stopped doing that now that he wears big boy undies. He also likes to take his bed apart so I walk in and he has his mattress on the floor, sheets stripped, and his blanket and stuffed lamb are on the floor next to his pillow. Kids are so cute sometimes!

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

she's so big and too cute! love your family photo, congrats on number 2!!!!

Josh & Jessica said...

just wait till she can reach her light switch and sit and play in her room at 3 in the morning! It's WONDERFUL!!

Unknown said...

Cute new family picture by the way, I just actually visited your blog! Sorry you have been so sick!

Unknown said...

Cheris-
I can't email back to your comment because I don't have your email address and it doesn't show up when you comment...so sorry to comment on here! Small and realistic sounds like a good idea for the garden, I am curious if we are going to end up with way more food than we can take care of. Sounds like that happened to you the first time. I would love to hear what you are planning on planting and what has worked well for you in the past!