Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. This post isn't going to be much of one either. I've been kind of bummed lately because I haven't felt like many people are reading this stuff so I've been less motivated to update. I'll get better and stop feeling sorry for myself. I've got a few pictures I want to get up so I'll get working on that stuff.
I just wanted to write a quick note because I'm also using this space as a journal and I need to write this down before I forget how I felt when it happened...
Thursday I got my first laugh out of Riann. It was adorable!!! I was pretending to eat her cheeks and she was trying to eat mine so it was a little muffled so I wasn't even sure if it was a real laugh but I really think it was and I was so proud of her. It's been a while since we've seen her do something new and when this started I was really excited. I'm sure it was a laugh now because I was laying with my head "on" her stomach and was pretending to eat her stomach and she did it again!!! I love it. I was sooo incredibly proud of her and I don't know why but I think I can honestly say my heart was filled with joy. I think it's because for the first time I really new she was enjoying my company. I know when she smiles she's really happy but I don't know if she is really reacting to the moment. When she started laughing I really knew she was and it made me feel connected to her in a new way.
So far I haven't gotten her to do it again. It seems like the thing that gets her going the first time wont work again a second time so I'll just have to keep playing with her to see what I can get... This must be a part of her plan. She makes me so happy and I'm so grateful to really get an opportunity to understand this new level of excitement and joy. She is the pride of my life and I can't wait to see what she'll become!!!
8 comments:
Oh Cheris!! I check your blog regularly to see if you've posted something new!! Plus even if no one is reading it keep posting so you don't forget the awesome stuff that happens! That's so exciting that Riann laughed...it's always so cool when something new happens with a new baby...just think of how awesome it will be when she starts to talk!!! I can't wait to see y'all in the fall!
um I LOVE reading your blog.. so you better keep on updating it!!! Um BBQ's for life.. and I cant wait to start playing more!!! Now that it is finally warm!!!
When Nicholas giggled for the first time, it was for my brother Jason...then he wouldn't do it again for several more weeks (the little stinker)! Now he giggles ALL THE TIME! I love it! And I love seeing photos of you guys and hearing about how life is progressing! These little ones just grow so fast!
I check your blog almost every day. I love the first little giggles that you get out of a baby. It's kind of like they surprise themselves doing it too sometimes and it's great to hear. I'm so glad for you! We should get together now that it's getting warmer and go to the splash park here in town. It'd be great for the kids, and us of course.
Cheris, you are totally in my Google reader. So I always read your updates. Sorry for being lousy at posting comments. In regards to the post, I just have to say, how cute! It must be so fun to see all of her firsts. That was my favorite thing when I nannied. Being with the kids when they experienced something for the first time. It makes me really happy so see how excited they get!
That's so cute!!! I love it when babies laugh!!! And I check up on ya all the time! Love ya!
hi cheris! I didn't know you had a blogspot! i'm glad i found you on here. You have got quite the cute little family! I enjoy looking through your pictures!
well all these comments should put a smile to your face....I check blogs all the time because my blog is my homepage. I know the feeling though about no one checking your blog like when I posted stuff about being pregnant...not too many comments so you're no quite sure how many people look at your blog....oh well I don't care too much because this is a journal for me that I plan on printing out in pieces. By the way Riann is so cute, I wish I got to hold her yesterday.
Post a Comment